01 January, 2012

Create January-Day 1

I woke up feeling very recharged and ready to create today. Of course, in my little neurotic brain, I cannot create until my environment is clean and organized. It's just my method. 

After doing about 16 loads of laundry before 9 AM and while my husband was still in bed sleeping off a non-existent hangover, I decided to bake. 

And so began my new project: "Create January". I am really dedicated to making or creating or accomplishing something special every single day this month. This can range from starting a painting to trying headstand without the assist of a wall. 

 I feel that as an artist, you can only grow through experimentation. And as easy as it is to say that you have "writer's block" or you just need to "feel the inspiration", sometimes you really just have to take the initiative. 

So here I stood in my kitchen (dishwasherless kitchen, to be exact) and wanted to create something that was delicious and would use up some sad looking bananas. 

Enter a simple muffin recipe. I just sort of winged it. (wanged it? Ha, nevermind).


I shall call these: bananaapplegoodfatdelicious muffins. Trademark that.

Want the recipe?

Ingredients (Makes 6 Muffins)
  • Muffin liners (trust me, its a bit sticky)
  • 3/4 C flour. I mixed whole wheat and garbanzo bean flour. AP would work
  • 1/2 TSP baking soda, baking powder and salt
  • 2 Large mashed overripe bananas
  • 1/2 Diced apple
  • 1-2 TSP cinnamon (I used more than this, but I am a cinnamonholic)
  • 2 TBSP brown sugar
  • 1 Egg white (could substitute "vegan egg, I was too lazy to wait for chia to gel)
  • 1 TBSP Coconut Oil (can be omitted and replaced with applesauce if wanted a fat free version)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get distracted, drink another cup of coffee
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients and set aside
  3. Mash banana in separate microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle some cinnamon and microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until banana is super mushy. Repeat with Apple dices and add 1 TBSP of brown sugar. Lick spoon after stirring.
  4. Mix apple, banana concoction, egg white and coconut oil well. 
  5. Fold dry ingredients into banana mixture. 
  6. Pour into prepared muffin liners
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a sharp knife comes out clean (no toothpicks on hand). 
  8. Smother with Sunflower Seed Butter and wake up husband to enjoy breakfast.
Let me know if you try this guy out! Happy New Year, yall!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...