04 August, 2011

Union Jack Decor

At this stage in my artistic process when I see an image or an item that grabs my attention, I dissect everything about it. Why do I like this? What drew my eye to this? Why am I inspired? What would I change?

For this interior shot, I love the Union Jack theme. Although, repetitive, it works. Its quirky and fun, a new take on an old symbol. The muted gray-blues and white allow the red to shine for a very bold statement. And the sleepy dog tugs at the old heart strings…

072511LizzySUM09_Jan-Constantine

  {image via Desire to Inspire}

UNION JACK DECOR

 

{Clockwise from top left: Print; Union Jack Faded Pillow; Alexander McQueen Union Jack Clutch, Ben Sherman Union Jack Bergere Jonathan Adler Union Jack Zebra Rug  Queen Wall Clock}

I think we might need that wall clock in our kitchen! What do you think? Do you like the ‘Union Jack’ theme for the home?

1 comment:

sothentheysay said...

LOVE this! I want that clutch!

xx,
Mary
www.sothentheysay.com 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...