12 July, 2011

Songs That Make Me Happy

 

Yesterday I tweeted about how much I enjoyed a story by NPR about “Songs That Make You Cry”. I was so interested in what evoked such emotion out of readers that I actually read all of the hundreds of comments (I was clearly very busy at work)! And in pure Sarah fashion, it made me want to cry. Very cool article and I suggest you all check it out.

However, if you do not feel like sobbing at your desk, check out my personal list of songs that make me smile. Some are linked to certain memories and others are just plain fun.

Silver Lining Avenue’s “Songs That Make Me Happy”:

“Cats and Dogs” by The Head and The Heart

“Graceland” by Paul Simon

“Everlasting Light” by The Black Keys

“White Winter Hymnal” by Fleet Foxes

“To the Dogs or Whoever” by Josh Ritter

“Kathleen” by Josh Ritter (happiest guy on the planet)

“Get Better” by Mates of State

“Sunrise” by Yeasayer

“Drumming Song” by Florence + The Machine

“Lights” by Ellie Goulding

“Blow” by Ke$ha (I have absolutely no shame in this)

“Shiny Happy People” by R.E.M. & Kate Pierson

And here are some pictures that make me happy, ya know for good measure!

dress

  diningroom1 ccc-2

62838853_WOKa3ANq_c

62864343_zILblF2D_c

2db939e6b22e2b6c_Kate_Middleton_BAFTA

crown

tumblr_lks80bR2FA1qzooxpo1_500

{Images via: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8}

 

What are your favorite “happy” songs?

5 comments:

Blaise said...

Hahah i enjoyed your no shame Kesha song choice!! ;) Great pictures...i really lovve the back of that dress!! Soo pretty!

http://blaiseruby.blogspot.com/
X

Bad Joan said...

This song list is fantastic! All your images are great also, Kate Middleton looks gorgeous!

http://blog.badjoan.com/

Sarah Baucom said...

Thank you! Pretty dresses and great songs, does life get any better? xx

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

pretty photos. x


p.s. I'm having a giveaway for a $225 Orient Watch if you'd like to check it out. x
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Maite said...

i love twiggy!!

http://www.thechicmode.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...