15 March, 2011

Three Years

Ready for a real cheesy post?

On March 15, 2008, I went on my first date with Ryan. I remember being so nervous for our date and bought three new tops for it. I can also distinctly remember sitting in my dad’s office (um, my boss) and asking him if I could leave  an hour early for a date (so I could straighten my hair). I acknowledge that I lead a charmed life.

The date itself was wonderful and Ryan was such a  gentleman and looked so handsome. I felt safe and happy with him from the moment I opened my front door when the doorbell rang. I recall the date being filled with laughter and conversation about favorite indie bands (we both liked the at the time, little-known band Coconut Records). I called my bff, Shiva around midnight and I blabbed on and on about how great the date was and how I hoped I didn’t scare him off. Ryan impressed me by calling the very next day and asking me out on a second date! My life has never been the same as Ryan continues to inspire and support me in more ways than I will ever be able to list on this little ol blog.

And for funsies, here are a few of our earlier pics:

Copy of Copy of James_Taylor_concert_May_2008_004 most adorable pic ever n11807912_36403793_6669 n11807912_36727034_7312

rocknye

Ryan’s mom once made a comment about how I am always perfectly tucked under Ry’s arm in every picture. That just so happens to be my favorite place in the world.

And here we are, three years later…blissfully happy and married!

I would like to thank the following for helping to spark the flame early in our relationship: Spoon, The What It Is at Alexander Michael’s, Fratherine’s constant “are yall having fun”? inquiries on our second date, moonshine, and sunny afternoons.wedding (photo by Lindsey Lee Photography) 

3 comments:

Wedded Whittaker said...

So cute! Love all of the pics, and glad my social awkwardness is bringing people together :)

Amy said...

Ray and Shiva are going to be crushed for not receiving credit here. I shall try to reinforce my husband's match-making abilities.

Jen said...

This is ridiculously cute! I love all of the pictures - so true about the arm tuck! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...