24 January, 2011

Smitten wit the Kitchen

I love our house. I really do. I have lived there for 4 years this upcoming April. I would say that time has flown, but it hasn’t. Time feels just as it should. I have painted every wall in the house at least once with my favorite color of that moment. I have had fuchsia, poppy orange, lavenders, and royal blues grace the walls. The only room that I have basically left untouched is the one I use the most, the kitchen.

Our house was built in 1941 and has been through 3 additions, yet the kitchen has been left pretty much the same. The kitchen gods are punishing me for years of not cleaning up my mess in my mom’s kitchen and have cursed me with white tile counters. Guess how awesome coffee grinds look in the tile? Oh and red wine. Yeah, I am being punished alright. And while I have a ton of great ideas for the space, reality sets in and I realize that money no longer grows on trees. The good news is, I am a pretty creative person that is working on being flexible. And this project will give me some really great experience when it comes to design and budget (that word makes me gag). I am totally inspired by these spaces.    kitch3  kitch1

5322863kitchen after

They all have a ton of natural light and a breezy feeling to them! Ah so many choices…so little $$

2 comments:

Jen said...

One and four are my favorites. I love kitchens with tons of natural light. Such a happy place to cook!

Wedded Whittaker said...

Are you thinking of remodeling the kitchen?! I can't wait to see what you do... Love these inspirations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...