06 January, 2011

Nail it!

A few nights ago I was in a bad mood. I was the angry elf. After a shower, I realized that one of the things that was driving me crazy was the fact that my toenails have not been painted since EARRRLY December and my fingernails looked like I work in the fields.

It was time to paint. Usually I go straight for a perfect red nail. I find it classy, sassy and timeless (and I feel like I am channeling my inner Betty Draper). However, looking at the red put me in a dull mood. I looked through my polishes and chose a honeysuckle hue. Yeah, I passed right over all of the Lincoln Park After Darks and Russian Navy’s for a color that reminded me of Polly Pocket. After a few years of super dark and matte, I was ready for a change.

I began thinking about what the trends of polish would be this year (some people like science and math, I like vain), and of course since I am a follower and Honeysuckle is the color of the year, I chose the bold pink color. But what else? Good thing Refinery29 does more research than I do.

Here are the mag’s top  nail trends of the year:

 nail

nail

nail1

nail1

nail1

nail1

All images via Refinery29

Trends from T-B: Nudes, Robin’s Egg Blues, Peachy, Lavender, Metallics, and fun top coats.

Are you into any of these? I am all for brightening things up a bit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...