13 April, 2010

Wedding Trends of our Youth

I found some of these charmers on Preownedweddingdresses.com..seriously these are just hysterical:
This one wouldn't be so bad with some adjustments and tailoring (it sort of reminds me of this Claire Pettibone gown, the one I almost bought!)...the thing that cracks me up is the fact that this woman thought that hosiery was OK...
So drop waist dresses had their heyday in the 20s, and there are some really beautiful ones available now, just look at this Rivini beauty! But seriously this is so ill-fitted...and again with the white tights...at least the bride is clearly ready to break it down on the dance floor!
A lot of women say (and by a lot, I mean the idiots on WE TV) "I want to feel like a Princess on my wedding day"...and they take that to "I want to look like a medieval princess". This dress is a perfect example of someone watching The Neverending Story too many times. The seller is clearly so ashamed of this gown that she can't even take the picture straight. The sleeves would look great as some sort of head band now.
And now, I have saved the best for last...The Renaissance Bride, unfortunately not a rare beast in the 1980s. I wonder how the wedding joust ended? Was there a maypole? Did they serve big legs of turkey for dinner? I could go on, but I will spare you my excessive commentary.

1 comment:

Wedded Whittaker said...

haha! wait, is that Soph in the second dress? I love these!!

P.S. - Sorry for the excessive commenting today... but these are some good posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...