16 March, 2010

Quotations

I love good quotations just as much as the next ex-sorority girl. But sometimes its like...I get it you like a celebrity and you think what they say has merit because they are pretty. And I think "Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop", "never settle for less than butterflies" (SATC, duh), "freak flag fly", or "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" can come off a bit cheesy (read: I hate these quotes).


The quote that really bursts my bubble is allegedly from everyone's favorite icon, Audrey Hepburn. The reason that this bothers me so much is because I don't believe she actually said this:


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles"


Audrey was not a sorority girl, she was not a drunken makeout buddy to anyone. She was fabulous. Too fabulous to say something so stupid and contrived. And well, if you can prove to me that she did say this (not in a movie, for real)...then I may change my opinion of her completely.

So please, stop emblazening this stupid quote on pillows and tote bags. Audrey would just never own those.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...