21 December, 2009

New Year's Resolution

This morning on my reluctant drive into work, I was thinking about weddings, family, and the New Year. I thought this was a good time to think about starting a resolution for the new year.

My New Year's resolution in 2007 was to go to 3-4 yoga classes per week. I have no idea why I did this, I had never been to a yoga class before, but I knew I wanted to check it out. And well, as you all know, this has stuck...but now I try to practice everyday (or almost everyday). And then in 2008 my res was to quit smoking, done and done...how embarrassing that I ever did that?!?!
In 2009, my resolution was a quiet one, in fact I don't think that I spoke to anyone about it...and that was to let things go that did not serve me. This includes letting go of: bad habits, getting angry over silly things, and anything else that was holding me back from being my best self.

2010....
After much thought, I have decided that my resolution will be to stay focused.

How I plan to stay focused:
-focusing on my fiance and our wedding, and that all of the extra stuff is just fluff...I will not be a bridezilla!
-concentrating on my new degree and working hard and enjoying the process of learning
-honing in on the important relationships in my life and building up the people that I love


I will also give up fake sugar (aka splenda) in my morning coffee....this one might be the hardest thing!

Have you thought about your resolution?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...