04 August, 2009

Recessionista: Mission Accomplished

Hey hey hey! I went a whole month without buying anything new. And how do I feel? Um about the same ...hold on let me look at my bank statement (pause)...well I am not totally rich, but I did a fare amount of savings this month. I am so happy! A step in the right direction.

Here is what I learned from my little experimentation:
  • I love to just browse stores, and so often I buy things just because I can (even though most of the times I really should not!)
  • I go shopping because I am in a mood (good, bad, bored, etc.)
  • I like to buy things but get really guilty when Ryan says "is that new?"
  • I do not like credit card debt or over drafting my account, that never feels as hot as I look when I wear something new
  • I buy things I do not like just because it's in season
  • I have a lot of clothes and not enough days/events in the year to wear them
  • There is a difference between 'need' and 'want'. I need to save money so I can start living a life closer to that of an adult. I want lots of pretty clothes. Longterm goals Sarah, remember the goals!

There it is, I have officially poured out my deepest, darkest secrets into the blogosphere.

Where to go from here? Well, I would like to continue this more conservative attitude when it comes to many money decisions. Does this mean I will not buy anything? HELL NO! are you kidding? Fall is just around the corner, and let's be honest, it is the best season to buy things (boots, cardis, pretty dresses, tights, etc.) PLUS autumnal colors look really good on me (sans mustard yellow). This Fall, I will just pick more wisely with the things I chose to buy. And I might even start looking at the sales racks. One step at a time.

Thank you for your support during this month. The 12 step program is difficult!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...