04 August, 2009

Bob Dylan-Early Years

I am currently reading A Freewheelin' Time: A Memoir of Greenwich Village in the Sixties by Suze Rotolo, Bob Dylan's ex-girlfriend. So I admit that the book isn't terribly fascinating as a "tell all" as I am in like with Dylan, but not in love. But what I love about this book is the incredibly memory that Suze has for places and things that made up the NYC folk scene. I am a sucker for love stories from the Village, and of course for anything from the 60s. Here are a few pics of Suze and Bob together during their 4-year long relationship as well as the first apartment they shared on West 4th street, back in the day when musicians/artists could afford such a space. Suze has since moved on and is now an artist and a teacher at Parsons in New York. Ah, young, bohemian (pre-hippie) love...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...